Why not hit the ground running for the New Year with a January promotion. Whether it’s a mini catalogue announcing your sale prices, or printed flyers to hand out in town to get people to your store, the New Year is a great time to boost your bottom line. Not only is the New Year like a ‘new slate’ but many people will also have received money or vouchers for Christmas so will be on the look-out for a real bargain.
The January sales are also a great time to offload any overstocked goods that didn’t sell out at Christmas, so thinking of creative ways to garner customer sales and also clear space for new stock is a multiple win. Printed leaflets, vouchers and perhaps mini printed catalogues showing your special offers or sale pricing are sure to increase visitors, generate retail sales and add to your profits.
Ways to gain extra sales
Aside from the ideas above, other ways to generate customer interest and sales include:
- Offering bundle deals – for example bundle up a few products together, with an overall saving, to offer great value overall whilst also off-loading some items that might not have previously sold well.
- Offering B.O.G.O.F. (buy one get one free) or ‘3 for 2’ deals and similar will shift more stock while also giving your customers a great deal.
- Cross-sell. So if you’re selling notepads, for example, offer savings on pens, erasers, rulers and pencils if bought at the same time.
- Encourage people to subscribe to news and updates by including sign up forms on your printed literature. Mailing lists are worth their weight in gold and keep customers coming back to buy more and more, sometimes for years, when you use them to best effect (e.g. via newsletters, e-news, direct mailings).
- Encourage people to sign up to voucher schemes or loyalty cards, for example, by having a draw for one lucky new subscriber each month. Make the benefits clear on your printed literature and publicise the win each time for added PR effect.
- Maximise brand recognition. So, keep your brand visible and presented consistently so that people remember it and identify with it in the future. Brand recognition and a good corporate identity are important marketing assets for any business, service or product.
- Publicise your special promotion with printed flyers, posters for your store windows, email campaigns and don’t forget to offer voucher codes for online sales.
How we can help:
We can help to maximise your New Year promotions by supplying excellent design and economical, high quality printing — or alternatively supply your own artwork if you have your own in-house design service. With digital, litho and large format printing all available in-house within the Firstpoint Print Group, we can supply pretty much any kind of printing. Moreover, that mixture of printing hardware means you receive the very best process for each particular job, the lowest pricing for the quantity you need and the fastest turnaround.
If you decide to go ahead with a January promotion, just a few of the things we can design and print for you include:
- Promotional leaflets & flyers
- Printed money-off vouchers
- Promotional brochures & booklets
- Catalogues & mini catalogues
- Direct mailing pieces
- Promotional labels & stickers
- Promotional folders
- Variable data mailers
- Promotional overprinted envelopes
- Promotional postcards
- Point of sale graphics
- Signs & posters for in-store promotions and shop fronts
For further information, free printing quotations, or simply for a chat about your graphic design and printing requirements, contact your nearest London branch:
In the mean time, a very happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year to you all!